WELCOME TO BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
Organized by Malaysian Advanced Photographers Group (MAPG) In Collaboration with Street Photography Malaysia (FJM)
Win prizes of RM888.00. Entries are now being taken and the deadline is midnight GMT +8 on 28th February 2018. Contest Theme: Black & White Street Photography on ‘SHOW ME A PHOTO THAT MAKES YOU FEEL SOMETHING.’ ‘- joy, sadness, anger, fear, loneliness, curiosity, laughter, inspiration, compassion, excitement, tenderness or whatever else that forms part of this human experience we call “life” in the streets.
HOW TO ENTER
Email details Name of photographer, Contact telephone number, Email address, Title of photo, Location photo taken and Description of your photo (not more than 1200 characters excluding spaces) and your favourate photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The photography contest is open to all registered participants.
2. 21 years and above to be eligible.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION AND CONDITIONS
1. Contestants can submit up to a total of 3 JPEG photos images no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB.
2. All images must be saved in the sRGB colour mode. Participants must be able to provide raw images with exif data when requested.
3. Dateline 28th Feb 2018, 3.00pm, Malaysia
4. Submissions received after the closing time will not be accepted.
5. All photos submitted for the contest can be a new or old photo.
6. Minor editing (such as color correction or monochrome or sepia conversions, contrast, light and shadow adjustments and cropping) are allowed.
7. MAPG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any photograph that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the
photograph have been published. You warrant, in respect of the photographs submitted by you, as follows:
- You are the sole copyright owner and creator of the photographs.
- You have the right to enter your photographs in this competition.
- To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- The photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your photograph does not include:
i. trademarks owned by third parties.
ii. copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
iii. names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
iv. entries in which you have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images.
v. You agree to fully indemnify MAPG in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
vi. You confirm that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown—and has the right to grant that permission. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
vii. Images that purport to be “news” photographs, reporting, photojournalism, or documentary photography, should comply with the ethical guidelines of the National Press Photographers Association (https://nppa.org/code-ethics) in general, as well as those proposed by UNICEF for ethical reporting on children (https://www.unicef.org/ceecis/media_1482.html). No people or objects may be added, rearranged, reversed, distorted or removed from a photograph. If images are staged, this should be made clear in the written statements and captions. It is important, always, to take into account the ethical considerations of photography, and to protect vulnerable people from potential harm that could be inflicted as a result of publishing images that expose or identify individuals or groups who may be or may become vulnerable as a result of the publication of the photographs.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
1. Eligible entries will be judged by a panel appointed by MAPG and will be selected based on overall exposure, color, composition and creative representation of the contest theme.
2. There will be 3 winning prizes of RM888.00 each and 10 consolation prizes.
3. The decision of the judges are final. Judges have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Submissions without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant participant.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RELEASES
1. By entering the Competition, you agree and acknowledge that MAPG is permitted to receive and review my registration data. You agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may
be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering this photo competition.
2. You will retain the copyright of your images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to you when exhibited or screened anywhere by MAPG.
3. The full name of each entrant whose work is selected as a winner or consolation will be published on MAPG Facebook page.
4. I am 21 years of age and above. I have read this contest rules and condition before signing below, and I understand, acknowledge fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bounded by the terms and conditions the contents.